Skip to content

Main Navigation

You must be a declared major or pre-major in the College of Social and Behavioral Science in order to submit petitions for Exception to Policy to this college. All undecided and non-degree seeking students go through the Academic Advising Center

The University has provided means for students to be granted exceptions to University policy. This allows students the chance to petition certain policies for non-academic reasons such as illness, military leave, family emergencies, etc. Exceptions to policy include withdrawal from a course after the withdrawal deadline for the same term, retroactive withdrawal, retroactive registration, section change or cross-referenced course, late registration request, change in CR/NC status, retroactive change in credit hours, etc. This must always be done through the Dean's Office of the college of the student's major.

To petition University policy you must obtain the necessary forms online, from the Registrar's office (250 SSB) or the College of Social and Behavioral Science Office (Gardner Commons, Room 2455). The necessary forms and all supporting documentation must be received before the Dean's Office will consider your petition. 

Ally MarirngaQuestions?

Ally Marringa
Phone: 801-213-1144
Address: Gardner Commons, Suite 2455

Advising Hours: By appointment



Last Updated: 2/5/24