TENTATIVE DATE FOR THE 2018 CSBS STUDENT RESEARCH DAY: APRIL 18, 2018
Stay tuned for more information.
Both graduate and undergraduate students in the college will be given the opportunity to showcase original research projects using poster presentations, and family and friends are encouraged to attend as well. A panel of faculty judges will evaluate the projects. Student researchers are expected to be in attendance during the main exhibition period on April 19th from 11 AM -1 PM*.
Three cash prizes will be awarded for best posters in each of the graduate research and undergraduate research categories. The Student Choice Award will be given out to the student whose poster receives the most votes during the main exhibition period.
First Prize: $250
Second Prize: $150
Third Prize: $100
Student Choice Award: $100
Posters will be displayed through Wednesday, May 3rd in the main corridors of the Social and Behavioral Science Tower.
*Please note: if you are unavailable during the exhibition period, please contact Emily Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about scheduled time-slots. These slots are limited and will be given out on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Students must be the primary producer of the work.
- The research must be original work.
- Posters prepared as part of a class project or already presented at conferences are welcome.
- Posters should be no more than 48" in height and 60" in width.36"x 48" posters cost
$36 or $3 per square foot if printed through the Marriott Library Knowledge Commons
Desk. Helpful tips for poster design and printing can be found through the Marriott
- If you use the Knowledge Commons Desk to print your poster, please note that their printer's maximum height is 42" and you will be asked to provide a jpeg or tiff file of your poster.
- Posters must be delivered to Building 73, Room 101 no later than Wednesday, April 12th by 5 PM in order for them to be hung and assigned a number for presentations.
- Posters will be on display until Wednesday, May 3rd. They can be picked up anytime after that point in Building 73, Room 101. However, you may remove your individual poster at any time after April 19th.
- Please note that posters must be picked up no later than Friday, May 12th . Any remaining posters will then be recycled.
Students must send an email to email@example.com by 5 PM on April 3rd with the following information:
- Email Address
- Undergraduate or Graduate
- Primary Department or Program Affiliation(s)
- Research project title
- List of authors and their affiliations
Dates to Remember
- April 7th: Last day to submit your entry
- April 12th: Last day to drop off your posters
- April 19th: Student Research Day event
- May 3rd: Last day posters will be on display (Please note that posters may be picked up anytime after April 19)
- May 12th: Last day to pick up posters from Building 73, Room 101