Both graduate and undergraduate students in the college will be given the opportunity to showcase original research projects using poster presentations, and family and friends are encouraged to attend as well. A panel of faculty judges will evaluate the projects. Student researchers are expected to be in attendance during the main exhibition period on April 18th from 12:00-3:00 PM* (Awards ceremony to follow).
Three cash prizes will be awarded for best posters in each of the graduate research and undergraduate research categories. The Student Choice Award will be given out to the student whose poster receives the most votes during the main exhibition period.
First Prize: $250
Second Prize: $150
Third Prize: $100
Student Choice Award: $100
*Please note: if you are unavailable during the exhibition period, please contact Emily Jacoby at email@example.com and ask about scheduled time-slots. These slots are limited and will be given out on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Students must be the primary producer of the work.
- The research must be original work.
- Posters prepared as part of a class project or already presented at conferences are welcome.
- Posters should be no more than 48" in height and 60" in width.36"x 48" posters cost
$36 or $3 per square foot if printed through the Marriott Library Knowledge Commons
Desk. Helpful tips for poster design and printing can be found through the Marriott
- If you use the Knowledge Commons Desk to print your poster, please note that their printer's maximum height is 42" and you will be asked to provide a jpeg or tiff file of your poster.
- Posters must be delivered to Building 73, Room 101 no later than Friday, April 13th by 5 PM in order for them to be hung and assigned a number for presentations.
Following the event: Please plan to remove your poster by Friday, April 20th. Any remaining posters will be recycled.
Students must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 PM on Friday, April 6 with the following information:
- Email Address
- Undergraduate or Graduate
- Primary Department or Program Affiliation(s)
- Research project title
- List of authors and their affiliations
Dates to Remember
- April 6th: Last day to submit your entry
- April 13th: Last day to drop off your posters
- April 18th: Student Research Day event
- April 20th: Last day to remove posters from S BEH Tower