Mission of Academic Advising
As educators and problem solvers, we advocate for students as they navigate their personal journey of higher education and attain their academic goals. Through inclusion and connection, we open doors to new opportunities for self-awareness and growth, empowering students to define their roles as citizens within local and global communities.
During your Advising Appointment, we will . . .
- Help you explore academic options that support your personal and career interests.
- Assist you in understanding how to build a class schedule that accomplishes your academic goals and your timeline for graduation.
- Guide you in identifying and connecting to university, college and department resources
- Internship opportunities
- Student engagement
- Research opportunities
- Scholarship and funding opportunities
Chose one of the options below!
- If this is your first semester at the University
- Or if you are exploring majors in social and behavioral science . . .
- If you have already declared a major in social and behavioral science
- Or if you have already met with our advisors before . . .